Inviting fireside warmth with gas log fires.
A gas log set, blazing or not, should become the focus of your home as it always presents an attractive log stack. Texture and visual creates a beautiful atmosphere, regardless of if it’s lit by natural or propane gas.
How to choose gas logs:
- Efficient interior heat chamber to ensure a cleaner burn
- Steel reinforcing rods precisely sized and designed for maximum reinforcement and breakage prevention
- Superior refractory ceramics, expanded shales and aggregates, and use an advanced calcium aluminate binder for greater compressive strength
- Longer lasting logs with higher bulk density and better ability to withstand heat over time to prevent breakdowns over time
- Lower iron content to prevent color changes of the logs
- Gas log set with remote kit.
In terms of ambiance, you want to install quality logs that create dancing flames, flowing effect, and radiant heat. You also want to make sure it’s available with factory installed on/off manual valve, safety pilot kit, or an automatic pilot kit control.
The benefits of gas fireplace logs
Today’s homeowner enjoys many options when it comes to home heating. Read on to learn how gas logs can provide ease of use and ambiance:
- Don’t fight splinters, the draft, and wet wood. Instead, install a set of gas logs for your fireplace to enjoy the glow and heat of a fire without the extra work.
- A gas log set is comprised of a gas burner covered by fake firewood made from refractory cement, ceramic fibers or ceramic clay. Each set also includes a burner system and a grate. Because gas logs can be used in an existing wood burning fireplace, installation usually goes well converting into a gas fueled fireplace. However, you’ll still need to use a professional plumber technician for installation.
- Gas log sets burn mostly clean, but due to health and safety risks, an annual professional maintenance must be performed.
- No matter what it looks like, a propane or natural gas fireplace still uses the same basic method: an igniter (either a pilot light or electric igniter) and incoming gas line to create a smooth, consistent flame.
- Gas fireplaces are often very energy-efficient and provide the most heat in a room with the least energy loss.
Purchase gas log set
Selecting gas fireplace log set depends on a few factors. You must choose the fireplace log set based on which type of fuel you’re using, so either propane (which requires a standing pilot light) or natural gas (which requires a gas line). Then your choices is narrowed down to the type of vent, the style of your home, and special features you want.
Choosing the right size is essential to proper operation. Gas log sets generally range in size from 12 to 60 inches wide, but height and depth varies with each manufacturer and model. A fireplace must be able to fit the logs plus six inches of clearance all around.
Most manufacturers design their logs to look real. Log sets come with wood style grates, glowing embers, and sand granules, all attempting to resemble a wood-burning fireplace. You can actually pick which type of wood log set you want, for example pine, birch, oak, walnut, or driftwood.
Ask your technician what kind of accessory options you have to choose from for your gas fireplace. Your options may include: battery operated remote control, wall switch, wall thermostat, burnt log pieces, white ash, lava rock, etc.
You have several ignition options, such as lighting with a match, standing pilot light, electronic ignition, or remote controlled. Perhaps the most simple operation is gas logs with a remote control automatic, wherein you push the button once and the heat turns on and off automatically according to time or room temperature.
Ceramic logs are light weight, like styrofoam. Whereas refractory logs are concrete.
The price of the log set itself is not the total cost of this luxury. Other expenses include gas line installation, fireplace installation, fuel, and maintenance. The sets themselves range in price based on style and overall quality, from $250 for driftwood to $900 for high quality, realistic wood sets.
Gas logs that complete the look:
Keeping your family warm with a gas fireplace is both energy efficient and beautiful.
We offer solutions to your home’s unique problems in order to keep your home in it’s perfect, desirable condition. Here's a list of our gas fireplaces services:
- Gas fireplace insert installation
- Outdoor gas fireplace insert
- Gas fireplace repair
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Gas log fireplace maintenance
- Gas logs
- Ventless fireplace
- How much does a new gas fireplace cost
- Vented propane fireplaces
- Gas fireplace accessories
- Wood burning stove
- Safety products
- Fireplace remotes
If you see soot accumulating on your logs, then carbon monoxide is also being produced. Turn off the fireplace and call us to repair your gas fireplace logs. Call 911 if you’re feeling sick as this is a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. Always schedule a Gas Fireplace Solutions designer technician to install, service, and tune-up your gas fireplace. To ensure your gas fireplace works safely, conveniently, and efficiently use your 100% Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee. If you have any questions, please visit our showroom and we’ll assist you.
Experience the professional and excellent customer service with Gas Fireplace Solutions.
- Award winning customer service
- No hidden fees because our technicians provide a written estimate of the cost before project begins.
- We'll notify you when we're on our way.
- You’ll never have to clean up after our designer technicians.
100% satisfaction money back guarantee
If you aren't satisfied with your new gas fireplace, we'll either repair the problem to your satisfaction or remove it and refund the purchase price. Within one year of purchase date. All of this is subject to conditions and limitations.
Financing your new gas fireplace
Start the credit approval process today with only a 15 minute phone call to our office. Get pre-approved for the most affordable payment options for your budget through our incredibly easy financing.
4924 Fort Henry Drive Suite G Kingsport, TN 37663
We never spam or sell your info!